Before we get into understanding how diagnostic centers can help you identify and treat chronic conditions, let us first get to know what a chronic condition is.
In the medical world, a disease that lasts for a year or more is usually termed a chronic disease. Some examples of chronic diseases are cancer, diabetes, heart-related ailments, stroke, overuse of alcohol, overuse of tobacco, paralysis, and more.
When you are diagnosed with one of these chronic conditions, you should constantly monitor their progress by undergoing periodic health checks and getting the right treatment. Apart from treating existing conditions, these health checks will help you in preventive care.
For example, it is highly recommended for women above the age of 35 or 40 to take a mammography test in Bangalore, or any other location of their choice. This is because this test helps detect the presence of cancerous cells in the breast.
If your report is clean, it gives you immense peace of mind. If your result shows some abnormalities, you can consider yourself lucky to have detected breast cancer in the early stages itself, as this condition is 100% curable.
Importance of diagnostic centers in identifying chronic conditions
Today, diagnostic centers in Bangalore and all over the world are highly advanced, and they use the latest technology to conduct health checks. So, their reports are accurate, timely and hassle-free. The importance of these centers in your overall quality of life is explained in the form of points below:
- The best diagnostic centers in Bangalore offer customized and exhaustive health checks for people based on their age, gender and existing medical conditions. The full-fledged screening process includes a series of scans, blood tests, urine tests, stool tests, ECG, biopsies, imaging studies and more. These checks give you a full report on your health, so that you can understand the exact problem, and consult an expert accordingly.
- These diagnostic centers play a very important role in helping you identify chronic diseases. Some practical incidents of these are:
- A mammography test in Bangalore can screen you for breast cancer, and start the treatment immediately without any delay
- A simple biopsy of your skin can help you test for rare dermatological conditions like Morphea, and start the right treatment without wasting any time
- Blood sugar tests (tests taken usually once in 3 or 6 months) can detect the average glucose levels in your blood, and help you understand if you are diabetic or not. Diabetes can lead to a lot of other serious issues like numbness and paralysis; therefore, detecting this at an early stage and monitoring the sugar levels periodically is very important for your overall quality of life.
- Regular ECGs can be done for senior citizens and smokers to assess their cardiac risk parameters and treat the condition in the right way.
- The results of these reports are available within 24 to 48 hours, thereby ensuring that there is no red tape in the process. This helps you to consult the right medical expert at the right time. Getting the disease diagnosed at an early stage, and starting the treatment quickly are the two major ways to ensure that your chronic disease can be cured or stopped from regressing further. Diagnostic centers help in both these methods by supporting you with timely and accurate diagnoses.
- Monitoring your health by regularly undergoing health checks at periodic intervals at the best diagnostic center in Bangalore will help you stay healthy, and give you the peace of mind that your issue is being corrected the right way. You can rest assured knowing that you have entrusted the quality of your health to the right hands when you choose the right diagnostic center in Bangalore.